Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sigh...where are they going and what are they doing?

As the year comes to an end, I can see that following and cheering for the Dodgers in 2010 is probably going to be frustrating. The McCourt divorce has ground the wheels of baseball aperations to a halt. They use terms like "waiting on the sidelines" and "being patient" as code for sitting on their hands and not spending more money so Frank McCourt can say to Jamie McCourt's lawyers, "we have no money, see, we've frozen payroll.". 're
That's all well and good for them but for me, I've decided not to go forward with my mini season ticket plan. It's a lot of money to me, 4 tickets, about $3400. I'll be honest, it's not like I won't go to games. It's something I like doing with my son and family. They got me.
They Dodgers got an outstanding core with Kemp, Manny, Ethier Russell and Loney. They're going to competitve. The Padres will suck. (Sorry San Diego.) The D-backs' pitching may come back for awhile and make them competitive for the first half but they just won't score enough runs by the end of the year. The Giant's are the only team with a chance for the West and compete with the Dodgers.  Their pitching is far superior on top right now. The Dodgers should score more runs but so will their opponents. We'll see, it  should end up being a two horse race, barring a major injury.
As for the rest, the folks in Philadelphia and the Bronx can probably get their hotel reservations for the World Series. There probably will be surprise but in the end the money will be there when the playoffs start.
I'll stop now. I will try not to whine too much in the future. Next time, let's talk baseball!

1 comment:

  1. It will be great to watch World Series: Los Angeles Dodgers, i have bought tickets from
    http://ticketfront.com/event/World_Series:_Los_Angeles_Dodgers-tickets looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete